Venue name: Spicers Hidden Vale
Address: 617 Grandchester Mt Mort Road, Grandchester, QLD. (Lockyer Valley – one hour from Brisbane, and one hour from Toowoomba).
Phone: 1300 179 340
Capacity: 2 – 200 (or more if required). Sit down or cocktail.
Reasons I love this venue
- Let me begin by saying, I don’t just love this venue, I am head over heels. At the time of writing it is still somewhat of a well-kept secret as far as SEQ wedding venues go.
- First and foremost, Spicers Hidden Vale sees itself as a luxury hotel, focusing on amazing customer service for its guests, and specialising in the most delicious foods and wines imaginable. They source local produce and prepare it to the level of foodie-perfection. They grow a lot of produce on their own property. This is a food-lover’s ideal wedding venue.
- So imagine a luxury lodge – made up of a series of country-style cottages, and featuring a hatted restaurant – which can transform itself into your wedding venue. But it still provides the same impeccable standard of customer service, and food and beverage quality, that regular guests would expect of a high end hotel.
- The country air, and the peace and quiet, makes this location feel a million miles away from the bustle of city life. In reality it’s located an hour’s drive from Brisbane, and an hour from Toowoomba.
- There is the option to hire out the entire property, which accommodates around 70 guests, and make a weekend of it, while having exclusive run of the place.
- You have the choice of multiple indoor and outdoor locations on the property for both the ceremony and reception. One of the most well known ceremony spots is underneath the fig tree, looking out across the countryside (see top photo in this blog post).
- For the reception you can have a marquee, or use the property’s barn, cosy restaurant or other function rooms. Or you can go ‘el fresco’ under the stars.
- If you are having a June – August wedding, the fireplaces and country lodgings couldn’t be cosier or more romantic.
- Wedding videography and photography is amazing at this venue – from rustic fences, the old barn and the long country driveway to the golden sunsets over green fields and bushland… there are so many nooks and crannies for exquisite photography / videography. (There’s even donkey or horse hire for the photo shoots available if you’re so inclined!)
Fig Tree ceremony space. Photo credit: Jess Marks Photography
This venue is suited for
- Couples wanting a truly rustic venue, (without losing that 5 star feeling).
- Couples wanting to get out of Brisbane for their wedding, allowing a choice for people to stay overnight or drive home.
- Couples needing a wedding venue convenient to loved ones from both Toowoomba and Brisbane.
- Foodies and wine connoisseurs.
- Couples wanting to make a whole weekend of it.
- Couples who appreciate a high level of service and professionalism.
Other useful facts about this SEQ wedding venue
- It’s handy to be able to pop back to your room to freshen up at any stage throughout the day / evening.
- You can organise a camp fire for after dinner.
- Breakfast is included in accommodation, for those staying overnight. There is a discounted room rate for wedding guests.
Note: Please contact the venue to ensure you have the most up to date info about packages and to confirm any information written above.