Venue name: Blackbird Private Dining & Events
Location: Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle St, Brisbane City
Phone: (07) 3229 1200
- Riverview Room – 180 seated, 350 standing.
- The Riverview Room can be divided into two spaces – Heritage Room 80 seated, 120 standing & Terrace Room: 80 seated, 150 standing.
Sally + Matt’s Blackbird wedding reception, with ceremony at St Mary’s Kangaroo Point
Reasons I love this venue:
- THE VIEWS. THE VIEWS. THE VIEWS. Oh my gosh, did I mention the views? The Riverview Room and Heritage Room offer uninterrupted views of the Brisbane River, Story Bridge and Customs House. Divine at sunset. Magical at night when Customs House is lit up, and coloured lights appear on the Story Bridge.
- Your wedding videography and photography is always going to be amazing because of this backdrop. We film you cutting your cake with the Story Bridge lit up behind you, for example. Or guests are dancing with these amazing Brisbane city lights behind them.
- The food. Blackbird was a well-respected restaurant long before it added the events space, which means they REALLY know how to make good food. In fact the meals are one of the reasons some couples choose this location.
- The service. Like I said, this is a restaurant that does weddings so the fine dine dining experience is replicated throughout the entire venue. They know good service in a way I would describe as next level. The staff are so efficient. As I observed them behind the scenes at weddings I have filmed here, I was just blown away by what a well-oiled machine they were.
- There is “cocktail lounge furniture” around the venue, allowing guests to mingle beyond the confines of their tables.
- Several couples have told me the wedding coordinators at this venue have been amazing to work with.
This venue is suited for:
- Couples wanting a chic Brisbane city wedding reception.
Other useful facts about this Brisbane wedding venue:
- The bar upstairs where guests will have priority access if they wish to continue the party.
- Convenient parking at Wilson’s Riverside Carpark below the building, which can be validated for guests ($9 at the time of writing this article).
- The choice of an upgraded menu where guests can select their dishes on the night.
- Affiliations with local hotels for cheaper rates for your guests.