Venue name: Victoria Park Golf Complex
Address: 309 Herston Road, Herston QLD 4006
Phone: (07) 3252 0666
- Marquee – up to 380 (seated) or 1000 (standing / cocktail).
- Ballroom – up to 180 (seated) or 500 (standing / cocktail).
- Garden Marquee – up to 100 (seated) or 150 (standing / cocktail).
- Alabaster – up to 90 guests (seated) or 150 (standing / cocktail).
- Quartz – up to 60 guests (seated) or 100 (standing / cocktail).
Reasons I love this venue
- This is a super well located Brisbane wedding venue.
- The city views from every single reception room are stunning.
- The food is great and portion sizes are generous.
- Option to have your ceremony, photo shoot and reception all at the one location.
- Guests can go grab a drink at the bistro, or even play putt putt, while you head off on your photo shoot.
- Wedding videography and photography opportunities on the golf course are gorgeous in the golden light before sunset. Riding in golf buggies with your bridal party is so much fun.
- You have the option of fireworks. Real, proper fireworks. Just for you. OMG. Yes please.
- And if you’re going all out, you can have what’s called – wait for it – a “Princess exit” where fireworks shoot up either side of the road as you drive away.
- This is the biggest space available at Victoria Park. Being a room without pillars it can be configured in endless ways, and generally suits weddings for 120+.
- The space has gorgeous chandeliers.
- The adjoining deck is divine. With festoon lights and a raised rotunda, it can be styled to perfection for your ceremony. Then after dark it transforms into an outdoor space for your guests to mingle, and even has “social booths” where they can have intimate chats.
- The views are magnificent from every room in Victoria Park but personally I find the view from this deck by the Marquee to have the biggest wow factor.
- You have the option of cutting your cake in the rotunda with fireworks going off behind you. This is massively exciting for guests and looks amazing in your wedding videography / photography.
- This space is elegant and classy, a Ballroom with dark wood beams, chandeliers and a gorgeous lounge area opposite the bar. A totally different feel to the Marquee.
- You can have your ceremony on the adjoining terrace.
- You get slightly more privacy in this room in that you have your own bathroom.
- Gorgeous views over the golf course, with the city behind.
- Option to have your ceremony on the adjoining terrace or inside the room itself.
Quartz + Alabaster
- These rooms are nearly identical although Alabaster is the larger of the two. They are ideal for smaller weddings.
- They both have a pretty garden space for your ceremony.
Victoria Park is suited for
- Couples who would like the venue’s wedding coordinator to take care of a lot of the details for you (including styling and flowers, and even helping you with your song list). This is of course optional, but a lot of brides find it reduces their overwhelm immensely.
- Couples wanting the convenience of having their ceremony and reception at the same venue.
- This is a high end venue that can come with every bell + whistle imaginable but can also be scaled down, cost-wise, for smaller or more affordable weddings. There are incredibly good discounts for weddings held Sunday – Thursday.
Other useful facts about this Brisbane wedding venue
- During September / October the Jacaranda trees on the golf course are in bloom, making your photography / videography incredibly beautiful.
- Victoria Park has access to some gorgeous styling options including gold cutlery, charger plates, chocolate fountains, LED trees and much more.
- Lots of free car parking onsite.
- All rooms have projectors for slideshow or video presentations.
- Subject to availability, you might be able to have your ceremony in the Garden Marquee and your reception in a different space at the complex.
Please contact the venue to ensure you have the most up to date info about packages and to confirm any information written above.