Venue name: Gabbinbar Homestead
Location: 344 Ramsay Street, Middle Ridge in Toowoomba, QLD
Phone: (07) 4602 9027
Capacity: Wide range of options available.
Reasons I love this venue
- FIVE STAR SERVICE is the main reason I adore Gabbinbar. You will not experience service of this calibre very often in your life. The business owner is passionate about creating an amazing space for weddings, and the staff are impeccable. They think of your needs before you know you have them. If it is due to rain, there will be a bucket of beautiful umbrellas waiting for you right at the car park. There are divine products in the bathrooms. Literally the moment your ceremony ends, staff are standing right there with trays of drinks for your guests. When you’re walking around the property during your photo shoot, a staff member pops out of nowhere, every so often, with a tray of incredible food for you. Guests are always talking among themselves about how blown away they are by the staff at this place. It’s truly remarkable.
- The venue is all-in-one. You can do your preparation, ceremony, photo shoot and reception all at the same place. You get more value out of your photographer and videographer because we aren’t travelling between locations. It’s also really simple for guests.
- The grounds are perfection. The care that goes into the upkeep of both the building and gardens are obvious.
- The photo shoot opportunities are plentiful and amazing. From the stables, to the field, to the old school house, to the woods… and more. And at night time you can pop out of your reception to have a romantic photo / video taken under the famous magnolia tree, with its hanging lanterns. Or take a stroll through the woods, with their atmospheric festoon lighting.
- Food is first class.
- Seriously is there anything else you could want? Oh, OK, there is the possibility of fireworks too. They can be set off above the glass roof of the Conservatory and waterfalls down the French doors, where the receptions are usually held. You can have this during your entrance, or cake cutting, or chat with staff if you have something else in mind. It adds a ridiculously cool wow factor for your guests, if your budget can stretch to include this option.
There are a variety of ceremony spaces to choose from – some outdoors, some under cover… all of them beautiful. Photo credits: Tall Timber (The Woods), Edwina Roberts (The Pavillion), Casey Jane (Old Gates), Deb Boots (Conservatory), Evernew Studio (The Pavillion), Jess Marks (Governor’s Lawn).
This venue is suited for
- Couples wanting a high end wedding venue where top quality is assured.
- Couples wanting a Toowoomba / out-of-Brisbane-but-still-convenient wedding.
- Couples wanting a venue with history and character and charm.
- Couples wanting the convenience of an all-in-one venue, to allow more time with guests and less time travelling between locations.
Other useful facts about this Toowoomba wedding venue
- On average Gabbinbar Homestead provides one waiter for every 10 of your guests so your guests will feel there is a constant supply of food and drinks, and feel really well looked after.
- The AV system is really good. Gabbinbar has its own playlists or you can create your own. Your music gets played inside the Homestead and right across the gardens through a series of outdoor speakers.
- Open fireplaces in the front sitting rooms are so cosy during the cooler months. And there’s air-conditioning for the warmer months.
- There is plenty of onsite car parking and guests can leave their cars overnight. Taxis and Ubers are readily available.
- If children are at the wedding, there is a kids’ movie room with mini lounges and a large tv screen.
- You are welcome to bring your pets to Gabbinbar Homestead!
- A large outdoor chess board and swing in the gardens are always fun for guests during canapés.