Venue name: An Island Hideaway
Location: Towards the northern end of South Stradbroke Island, amongst National Park bushland.
Phone: (07) 5577 1112
- Sit down – up to 150.
- Cocktail / standing – up to 200.
- It should be said, with all it’s cute nooks and crannies, this venue is also particularly well suited to more intimate weddings.
Reasons I love this venue
- The photography and videography opportunities at this venue are hard to beat. Your photo shoot can take place in a forest that feels utterly magical, and on a deserted surf beach. It’s hard to take a bad shot in these surroundings.
- A lot of people choose this venue because it allows for a beach wedding. Personally I adore the small open air chapel at the venue. It is the sweetest thing ever. It is suitably non-denominational for couples who don’t want religious elements. However, it also highly appropriate for couples having a religious ceremony.
- Great venue for more intimate weddings.
- The adventure of catching a boat to and from the venue creates a sense of excitement.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, beachy, and unpretentious.
- It kind of feels like Gilligan’s Island – a hidden away, special treasure of a place.
- The wedding coodinators are total professionals. Helpful, across every detail, friendly and experienced.
- I’d recommend the option of getting guests to hold up a tunnel of sparklers for your exit. It’s such fun and is amazing from a wedding videography standpoint.
This venue is suited for
- Couples wanting a beach wedding.
- Couples wanting their wedding day to have a spirit of adventure.
- Nature-loving couples.
- Couples looking for a more affordable / down-to-earth venue.
Other useful facts about this Gold Coast wedding venue
- Bride can head over to the island prior to everyone else in a water taxi that can fit her bridesmaids, photographer, videographer and possibly some family members.
- Bride might get hair and makeup done on the mainland and then head over to the island to put the dress on in a special room that is provided for the bridal preparation.
- There is a fridge in the bridal room for drinkies when the bride arrives, should she require one!
- Guests head over on a boat that departs from Southport.
- There are some fancy options available such as the groom arriving by seaplane.
- Buffet meals or cocktail wedding packages provide more relaxed / casual options, or there is the option for a more traditional set menu.