As a wedding videographer in Brisbane, I love filming at a fresh, original venue like The Joinery. Megan and James’ ceremony was at High Church, Fortitude Valley, and their Joinery reception was styled by Main Event Weddings and lighting by AV Ideas.
Venue name: The Joinery, West End
Location: 244 Montague Rd, West End QLD 4101
Phone: (07) 3844 2244
Capacity: Up to 300 standing guests for cocktail style occasions and up to 200 guests seated. (The wedding in the video above had 140).
Reasons I love this venue:
- ORIGINALITY is the biggest reason I love this venue. The outside is very cool architecturally, with its white metal lattice façade. And the inside is a converted warehouse with exposed brick walls, polished concrete floors and an abundance of natural light. It’s a blank canvas with an industrial-chic feel. With good styling, it’s transformed into a wedding space unlike any venue I’ve worked at. Unique and cool, a space that your guests will want to tell people about after the wedding.
- The staff are first class. They wear white gloves as they serve dinner. They are dressed professionally with uniforms that are on trend. And they are helpful and efficient.
- The food is awesome.
- I like the positioning of the dance floor – lots of space but it’s located near the tables so that the party doesn’t get broken up as much as I’ve seen in some other venues, where the dance floor is “around the corner”.
- Your wedding videographer and photographer will have access to a mezzanine level and be able to capture amazing wide shots from above your reception.
This venue is suited for:
- Couples wanting a blank canvas to work with, from a styling perspective.
- Couples wanting less restrictions on food and beverage packages.
- Couples wanting an inner-city location. (Close proximity to South Bank / South Brisbane or CBD accommodation).
- Many couples will be thrilled to hear this venue has no packages! It’s all custom designed to suit your requirements. And wait for it – BYO alcohol!
Other useful facts about this wedding venue:
- Opened in 2015, The Joinery is a relative new kid on the block – which means you are unlikely to be booking the same venue everyone else has used. That newness also equates to an enthusiasm and desire to give great customer service, from what I observed. No resting on laurels here.
- Car parking is street parking only, so you’d want to do your research about parking restrictions for the day of the week you are having your wedding here and communicate these with your guests.
- Wheelchair access.
- Catering is exclusively by Chez Nous Corporate, who are flexible in designing the menu. It can be anything from finger food to buffet to three course meals to share platters.
- Styling for the wedding featured in the video above was done by Main Event Weddings with lighting by AVIdeas.