Venue name: Room Three Sixty
Location: QUT Garden’s Point campus, located at the top of building “Y”
Phone: (07) 3138 7750
Capacity: 200 seated or 320 standing / cocktail style
Reasons I love this venue
- THE VIEWS. Breathtaking, panoramic 360 degree views of Brisbane greet your guests as they arrive for canapes around the bar area. Guests move to their dinner tables just as the golden light of the sunset bathes the whole room. Then the night lights of the city become the backdrop for your evening.
- Behind the bridal table are the lights of the Story Bridge, making your wedding photos and video spectacular.
- There is heaps of room at this venue, allowing for guests to mingle easily. With a lot of Brisbane venues being on the cramped side, this is a plus in my opinion. Even with a smaller wedding of 80 guests I have not found the room to be too big. The tables always seem to be placed perfectly to make it feel just right for the number of guests.
- The service is very professional.
- Catering is done by Cuisine on Cue and is of a high standard.
This venue is suited for
- Couples wanting a spectacular Brisbane city wedding reception.
- Couples wanting a big dancefloor.
- Perhaps couples who have a link to QUT, but not necessarily.
- Couples wanting access to the adjoining heritage-listed Old Government House for photos (by special arrangement). Also couples who like the idea of their photo shoot being in the Botanic Gardens, CBD cityscapes or even Kangaroo Point cliffs. All are located nearby.
Other useful facts about this wedding venue
- Floor-to-ceiling windows offer spectacular panoramic views of the city, including the Brisbane River, Kangaroo Point Cliffs and the City Botanic Gardens.
- Guests have access to the balconies during canapes and throughout the evening if they would like some fresh air and to admire the views more closely.
- Secure parking is available beneath the neighbouring “P” building for guests ($10 at the time of writing this article). It is easy to access the venue from the car park and signage is placed near the lifts to direct your guests.
- A quirk of the venue is that guests need to go down one level in the lift to access the toilets. Don’t let this put you off – I’ve observed that some of the best conversations seem to happen as guests meet each other and bond on this little journey!
- The venue has wheelchair access.